The Path We Walk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A freeform RP where you help shape the world that everyone lives in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
--Beginner's Guide--
Current Plot
Factions
Character Creation
Latest topics
» Anyone Alive?
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am by Kryn Cluskio

» anyone still checking the site.
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 am by Reiki

» Attempt at Advertisement
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 am by Reiki

» Going for a while
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:23 am by Reiki

» Any body there?
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am by Min

» A New Start (continued)
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:24 am by Reiki

» Fairy Tail - Rebirth
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:35 pm by Reiki

» Suggestions
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm by Reiki

» A New Start
A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 am by Reiki

Most active topics
A Stranger In The Grasslands
Count to 30 Before a Staff Posts
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 2: Rairō [Reiki; Open to one]
A New Start
As much as I hate to say this
Kryn's search! Episode 1: The Grand Trade: part 1 [Open to all]
Video Games Discussion!
The Ban Game
Clumsy in Blue
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Phoenix

Gold : 4290

Character Information
Race:: Pending

A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:40 pm

"Well at least it's relieving of some of the pain, perhaps it does have some healing qualities for you since you have the ability to use the element. My lava is capable of sealing my wounds and destroying anything harmful such as bacteria and infections etcetera. However it is still somewhat of a mystery if it has any other healing abilities, I believe with mastery of your element it could have the potential to heal you fully no matter what the problem, then again that is only a theory" He then noticed he was still in the water, making a slightly disgusted look as he looked at the water, within a few seconds he turned around and stepped out of the water and onto the dry rock. As he stepped out of the water his clothing very quickly went from a damp soaking wet state to a very dry and crisp one.

"I believe it would be best for you to remain in the water for a while, perhaps long exposure to your element will slowly aid in the healing of your wounds. I don't believe it's a bad theory, especially since my first about it even helping you at all proved to be correct. Whilst you are here recuperating I have some business to attend to" All the time he spoke, he held out his right hand palm facing up; a pool of lava formed within his palm before it quickly formed into the same flying insect creature, however this one headed back to the opening he had created.

"Should you find yourself in trouble my creation will send out a strong heat wave, it acts as a sort of communication for the other" He said as he pointed to the second flying insect "I won't be more than a few minutes away" He then nodded to her and walked back through the cave opening, his second magma creation leading the way back out of the tunnel. He wanted that sword and his plans were to collect it from the dead body.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Gold : 8230

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 pm

She looked over at him, "wait, where are you going?" She started rising up in the water, until she was standing on top of the water, she looked at him, "Pleas tell me... where are you going? Maybe I can help... I don't want to be alone..." She looked down at the water, telling him the truth of not wanting him to go anywhere.

"You make me feel safe..."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:01 pm

He halted as he heard her speak, still at the entrance of the opening he had made a little while ago. Turning around he looked at her with a slightly raised eyebrow before he pivoted on his heel until his body faced her, walking slowly back towards where she was before stopping center way.

"The weapon you spoke of, I want it to study and investigate its ability to make invisible wounds, such an ability is one that I want to procure and use for my own doings, it also halves the chances of anyone else having such an ability placed on their weapon and stops anyone claiming the weapon itself" He then looked over her and determined she still wasn't in the right state to do a lot of movement let alone make the trip back to where she had been fatally wounded, he felt she couldn't physically and mentally in a way take it.

"If it would comfort you more, I will leave you with a creation that looks identical to me? I will literally be less than a few minutes at most and in your state I do not believe movement is advised. You sustained severe wounds that may have puncture or caused damage to your vital organs, not to mention the amount of blood you have lost from the wound on your arm. You need to recuperate and rest, if my theory is correct within a few hours you should be in a state to move freely again. However battling for you is out of the question for a day or two if not a week"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 pm

She sighed and looked at him, determined, "I am fine... look..." she started walking towards him. Showing determination is every step she took, hiding what pain was left and kept on walking towards him, unfortunately before she got to him, the injury became a bit too much and she started falling forward.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

He stood there as she protested but knew within a few minutes at best she would be complaining of pain again. However he admired her for her determination but didn't expect her to safe he made her feel safe, he was going back over what she had said and it was quite unexpected; he wondered if this was the reason she was determined to prove she was ok or not. He snapped out of his thoughts the second his eye caught glimpse of her falling forward, he quickly moved forward to her and caught her with his hands under her arms just in time. He then pulled her up onto her feet and looked into her eyes with his left one.

"You still believe the words you said? You need to recuperate in the water for a good while, it will help to strengthen your body at least and aid it in recovering all by itself, if not working in tandem with it to help you recover quicker. We're working together and I expect you to listen to me just as much as I have listened to you. I will be but a few minutes and not but a few minutes away should you need me."
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 am

She looked at him, her eyes watering, "Please I hate being alone..." she leaned her head on his shoulder, "Please... I will do anything for you to not go away... I don't want to be left alone again..."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:06 am

He looked back at her with a curiosity as he noticed her eyes beginning to water, along with the words she said he blinked a little. He didn't realise his company meant so much to her or at least it seemed like it did. He actually found himself torn between going to retrieve the sword or keeping her company as she pleaded, he thought about it for a little and gritted his teeth with slight irritation before settling himself down.

"Since my company seems rather important for your well being and I do not want your health deteriorating not at this present moment. I have no choice but to stay with you" He said in his cool casual voice, he had to fight back some irritation lodged in his mind however. He then picked her up very carefully bridal style and carried her over to the pool, very gently placing her feet first into the water making sure she was comfortable before sitting on the rock floor beside her. He then placed his hand on the floor and as if it was coming out of his sleeve, a mass of magma poured out and moved away from him, as it continued to pour out, the amount that already had pooled together a few feet away from him. It begin to shape shift as more and more magma poured out, first a pair of boots were formed, then some legs followed by a torso, chest, arms and a head. Once the magma had shifted into a humanoid form it's colour suddenly changed, the creation gained skin tone and clothing, hair a complete duplicate of him. Once the forming was complete the creation immediately made its way out of the cave. The second flying insect however moved over to them both to provide extra light.

"My creation will go and retrieve the sword, whilst we wait here for you to recuperate. There's no need to become upset now, you will be safe with me here" He said as he looked at her, legs crossed and arms resting on his knees.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 am

She looked at him, seemingly happier now. "Thank you... But I have to ask... what about this sword has gotten you so interested? I mean, yeah okay... The sword reveals no external wounds and so it makes it impossible to know if you have been struck by it or not, but it is still just a sword...." She trailed off, realizing what she had said and pulled her two swords off her back and put the blades into the water.

"Forget I said anything.... I didn't mean to say just a sword, if they are unique, and even if they are not, then they still are not just a sword... Sorry, mother and father..." She whispered that apology towards the swords in the water, a tear fell down her face as she looked at the swords.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm

He remained there cross legged, his arms resting on his knees as his fingers intertwined with one another clasping his hands together. He looked at her and listened to her words, nodding lightly to her opinion on the swords. However he then raised his eyebrow as she removed the swords from her back and began talking to them, the tear had him even more bemused. He soon came to the conclusion that the swords had sentimental value to her and went about answering what she had said.

"Well it is true that it is just a weapon and there are many out there with many abilities, as well as the fact I already possess my own personal sword. But the ability of the sword that wounded you intrigues me very much so, it is unlike any weapon I have seen before and I wish to harness it's abilities if so possible. With that ability I could attack my foes and leave them thinking I have not wounded them, before they eventually succumb to the damage I dealt them. It seems a very effective way of wounding ones enemies, especially if said enemies manage to escape the battle or possess incredible agility; one precise attack placed in the correct area of their body and you could render them useless. Not to mention, they would have the task of locating the wound and the longer it takes them, the more damage is done. And I believe the amount of time that is taken for the damage to take affect could be fine tuned to take a shorter or longer amount of time. The weapon aside, why did you become upset and apologise about what you had said? Were those swords once the possessions of your parents?" He said with a slight curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:38 pm

She looked up at him, nodding, "Yeah... I have collected eight swords on my travels, all bearing some kind of sentimental value... But these two are different... These two are the ones my parents used... The last two possessions of my parents... My mothers is the one in my left hand, my father's in my right... I never got to meet them, but to stay close to them, I keep these two as my main weapons... They are not just swords, they are remnants on their lives, their memories..." She looked back into the water, her vision blurred as the amount of tears increased flowing down her cheeks like a waterfall down a rock face of a mountain.

she dropped them into the water, they sunk down to the bottom of the water.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:59 pm

"I see, you certainly have an impressive collection from what I saw of them earlier, I was almost astonished you used all of them in your battle. It must take great skill to be able to perform with such a number of weapons.....And I can understand the importance of those particular swords to you, they're remnants of the two people that will always be the most important in your life, no matter if you got to meet them or not. However it is a shame you were not able to meet them, I was given a chance to see and speak to my mother but for a few short hours before her death, I never got to meet my father however. I understand in someways how you feel."

As he sat there cross legged watching her, his eyes widened a little watching her tears increase, the sound of the swords hitting the rock bed of the small pool of water made his left eye jump to them before he returned his gaze to her.

"I can see it's a rather hard and emotional subject for you to talk about, I was given at least a chance to see one of my parents, so I cannot imagine what it is like to have never met either of them. But you must remember in someways you're lucky, some do not get even a remnant of their parents, something to remember them by and make them feel like in some small way they knew their parents and that they're with them. You have to look on the bright side in a way, you have not only have your mothers sword but your fathers as well or vice versa; that at least must make you feel the slightest bit better about it no?"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 am

"Yeah... I guess your right... I did get something that was their's... But What is crazy is that I feel like I have met them... Somehow I do... I don't know how... But anyway, thanks, the skill to control all of my swords at once is called ribbon dance... It is how I killed all those men... I still don't understand why they were after me... But I think it may be to do with the Faction which I was born into, the skill I used is a skill from that Faction... But I don't know how they would know I was part of that Faction or that I was the last survivor of it... I have always claimed to be a lone wolf so I didn't attract attention to myself... Even though I can be clumsy..." She sighed and went under the water, her eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 am

"Perhaps it's because you have physical remnants of them, it puts you closer to them because those were the swords they once held in their own hands and now they're in yours. Which could make you feel like you have a physical connection to them in a way....I see, it must be a very effective skill to take down such a number of men, I'm sure it's abilities go far beyond just that though....There are many ways in which people can find out information, then again if your faction once thrived then it's not hard to assume someone from the passed knew about it. Even if you remained under cover, if someone did have knowledge of your faction then it would render your work to remain undetected useless, I do not believe it was through fault of your own that they found you" As she went under water he blinked a little before he looked up at his magma creations, one of them was glowing at a slightly brighter rate. Heat waves spread out from the magma creation and as they came into contact with his skin, he read them like they were a book.

"Well it seems my copy has managed to retrieve the sword with no problems what so ever" He said to himself "And the evidence has been incinerated for extra measures" He smirked a little as he finished speaking. However much he was being put off course due to his new companion, he had rectified the situation by claiming a very invaluable sword which could lead him to develop an effective ability for his own weaponry. As he waited there for his magma copy to return, he began to think about his ultimate goal and how gaining new abilities like that of the sword he had just claimed could help him in achieving said goal.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 am

She stayed under the water, her eyes opened and looking into the water, not staring at anything except the blank space where the water was. She closed her eyes and she disappeared out of sight, even though the water was clear and you could see down to the bottom of it and there was no where to hide, she still was no where to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am

As he awaited the return of his copy, he was in his thoughts, continuing to work through his plan to achieve his ultimate goal. It wasn't until he noticed out of the corner of his eye that she had disappeared that he was brought out of his thoughts. He looked down upon the water, his left eyebrow raising in curiosity, he was bemused and interested at the same time. It was certainly an interesting ability or trick and one which obviously was manageable for any water user. He picked up a small rock with his fingers and then held out his hand over where she had been sitting before releasing the rock from his fingers, waiting to see if she had disappeared completely or if she was using the water to create false imagery for anyone looking into the water.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am

The rock sank to the floor of the water, making it obvious she was not there anymore, the water moved slightly, magic glowed through it slightly, then the magic disappeared, making the water calm down and there was no more movements.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 am

His eyebrow raised a little higher as he watched the rock fall to the bottom and the magic glow for a short amount of time. He didn't know how to explain how she had accomplished her disappearing act but then again he didn't have much experience with water users. His focus eventually shifted to the opening he had created earlier, walking out of it his copy holding the retrieved sword. It made it's way over to him and held out the sword to which he took the sword into his own hands and rested it on his knees. His copy then slowly deformed and returned to a pool of lava, after doing so it moved over to his body, traveling up and over his legs and into the sleeve of his leather jacket, before long all of the magma that had made the copy was gone. He was left with the sword in his hands and he did not waste time, already beginning to look over to sword inspecting it.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 am

"Yeah... that is definitely the sword...." She muttered from behind him, her hair went but her clothes not, she stood up his shoulder and peered down at the sword, "It is rather unique... isn't it... the man... he was very boastful of it... It was rather annoying, definitely when his men were trying to slice me up...."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:39 pm

As she spoke he slowly looked over to her, not startled by her sudden appearance. He went back to looking at the sword, running his fingers along the edge of the blade as he listened to her. He continued to inspect it as he nodded, beginning to speak to her.

"Indeed it is very unique, certainly different to the many weapons I have encountered. I do wonder who placed this ability upon the sword or whether it is a faction secret or not. However, it seems I will need to put some time into figuring out the way the ability has been placed on the sword and how to replicate it...I guess I cannot fault him for boasting about such a weapon, however boasting has it's drawbacks, I'd prefer to keep my weapons ability a secret, thus your enemy will have a harder time understanding it, giving you the advantage. I guess he was just an ignorant fighter as was his group of men and it is quite clear since they met their end from one stand alone fighter, which being yourself."
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:25 pm

She nodded and then fell to kneeling, panting, "D-Don't tell me it affects those who have been struck with it when close to it..." She doubled over and coughed, pain rose in her suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 pm

He looked over to her and raised his eyebrow before looking back at the sword.

"I shouldn't think so" He said as he placed the sword on the ground and turned around to look at her. "Perhaps it's an after effect of the wound you sustained or you need to remain submerged in the water"

He then rolled her over onto her back and with the tips of his fingers he felt around the area he believed the sword had went through.

"Do you feel any sharp pain?"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:58 am

she moved slightly, obviously is tones of pain, coughed up a little bit of blood, she grabbed hold of his hand firmly, but with a gentle touch also, she looked up at him and into his eyes, showing seriousness and pain.

"Ok, please stop... It really hurts and I am definitely injured and in pain still...." She muttered, showing signs of a fever again.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:34 am

He nodded and gave her hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance before he slipped his hand out of her own. He then moved one of his arms under her legs and the other under her upper back, lifting her up off of the ground he moved towards the water and then gently placed her back into it. As she remained in the water he pulled out the tin from his top pocket again and handed her two leaves this time, the effects of which would provide a strong pain killer. However extensive the damage to her body was, he could not repair it and with no help or medical assistance for miles and miles outside of the great plains, she would have to rely on the water tending to her wounds.

"Remain in the water and try to keep as still as possible, you're movements most probably agitated the wounds you have sustained"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 am

She nodded slowly and put the leaves in her mouth, chewing upon them. She looked at him, "Do you think I will get better?" A tear filled her eyes as she said this.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Phoenix

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm

"You're young, so it's most certain that you will get better with time, you need to recuperate and try not to agitate your wounds as you have already. Keep still and resting will give your body time to heal itself and with the added addition of your element helping it shouldn't take all that long hopefully. I do not believe this is a cause for concern since it was obvious how much being in the water helped you in the first place, just try to keep your mind clear and calm, you shall be fine."

He then returned to sitting cross legged beside the pool of water, instead of returning to inspect his newly acquired, he placed his hands on his knees and closed his eyes. It almost looked as if he was meditating as he sat there, remaining quiet for a few seconds before breaking the silence.

"Have you ever imagined causing great damage and destruction to the world? So that your point may finally get across to the blithering imbeciles that run it? Who think they can play god and pretend that the world is theirs to do with whatever they want."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger In The Grasslands   A Stranger In The Grasslands - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path We Walk :: Zilios :: Other Areas-
Jump to: