The Path We Walk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A freeform RP where you help shape the world that everyone lives in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
--Beginner's Guide--
Current Plot
Factions
Character Creation
Latest topics
» Anyone Alive?
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am by Kryn Cluskio

» anyone still checking the site.
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 am by Reiki

» Attempt at Advertisement
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 am by Reiki

» Going for a while
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:23 am by Reiki

» Any body there?
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 am by Min

» A New Start (continued)
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:24 am by Reiki

» Fairy Tail - Rebirth
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:35 pm by Reiki

» Suggestions
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm by Reiki

» A New Start
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 am by Reiki

Most active topics
A Stranger In The Grasslands
Count to 30 Before a Staff Posts
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 2: Rairō [Reiki; Open to one]
A New Start
As much as I hate to say this
Kryn's search! Episode 1: The Grand Trade: part 1 [Open to all]
Video Games Discussion!
The Ban Game
Clumsy in Blue
Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Gold : 3060

Character Information
Race:: Pending

Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] Empty
PostSubject: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm

The elk was grazing in a field just outside of a small densely wooded area. It fed on the green grass as the sun shone overhead. The elk's head popped up as it heard a russling noise in the trees. upon inspection, it decided that the noise was gone and continued eating warily. it felt as if it was being watched. It was.

The noise in the trees had been none other than the Terremian boy, Kryn Cluskio. He was breathing slowly and quietly, so as to not disturb the creature. Kryn had his quiver and bow at his side and his sword sheathed on the other. The rustle was the sound Kryn made when he climbed the tree he was not in. He took a slow step outwards into the branch. He took the bow out of his quiver and then an arrow with the other hand. He silently knocked an arrow and pulled back on the string.

The elk had had it's fill for now. It turned to bound away into the forest. It went to hop over a bush, but right before it landed, an arrow whistled it's way into it's front leg, numbing it. The elk's leg hit the ground and it stumbled forward. It was going to get up and run away on three legs, but before it could, it was attacked.

The Terremian half-demon jumped onto the elk's side, exchanging the bow for his sword. He pointed the sword straight down and then...

At the entrance to a very small town, a boy dragged in a bloody elk carcass, probably for cleaning. He couldn't get anything for it's skin if it was dirty and bloody. The elk didn't small all that bad, which meant it hadn't been dead for long. The boy apparently didn't want to remove the skin of this one, he dragged it over to a butcher, who gladly paid him for his game. The butcher said to wait, which the boy did. The man wen't inside for a bit then came back out with a bag full of dried meat. The boy bowed and said, "Thank you," then left.

The boy had been living in this town for almost four days. He'd grown quite attached, seeing as that was a long time for him in a town this size. He'd been given a small room to himself an a kind old woman's home. He'd gone to the woman's home and had placed the dried meat with his other belongings in this room. He exited the house, seeing that the old lady wasn't there and walked down the street, breathing the fresh air.

"A bear," Someone yelled, "A bear attacked my livestock!"

Kryn sighed and drew his bow. He passed it from his right hand to his left and jogged towards the voice. He reached the frantic farmer and asked, "What happened?"

The man stuttered for a second and then clearly said, "I just saw a bear run off, chasin' my sheep!" He pointed north, towards a large hill that went around just about the entire northern half of the town. "I'm too old, could you catch that bear for me? The sheep are probably done for already, but if the bear came back... Please, you just gotta help me, I can give you something in return, as long as I can, at least."

Kryn nodded and said, "It's a deal, sir. I'll get that bear. Perhaps I could sell the pelt..." Kryn thought about his mercantile opportunities as he jogged to the top of the hill.

He peered down below, looking for any sigh of the bear or sheep before the dense forest where he had hunted the elk. There was a path of blood from where he dragged the elk to the front of the town. Upon sighting that, there was another trail of blood which lead into the forest; to an broken opening in the trees along the tree line. That and some red wool.

Kryn though, those sheep are done for. He scanned the tree line again and then set off towards it on a bear hunt.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Gold : 8230

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:21 am

A girl that looked like she was the age of 16 wandered this dense forest, as though admiring the world's beauty. She wore a blue and white top, blue skirt and above the knee high boots, she wore a white flowing cloak which was attached nicely around her neck. She had light blue hair and deep watery blue eyes, she wore white gloves which matched her boots in style.

On her back, she bared two identical blades under her cloak. These two swords were longer than a standard sword and about the same width as a long sword. She carried a small pack on her back, over the top of the swords, but under the cloak.

She looked through the trees and smiled to herself, today was a great day for traveling and she was ready to get out of hiding again. She heard a noise and looked around then heard it again, it sounded like a bear. She gasped when she saw in the distance that a bear was running towards her, its fur covered in blood and her eyes widened when she saw the wool around its mouth. "Oh great... this isn't good...." she got her swords out and slightly backed away, then slipped on a root and fell backwards on to the floor, her back hit the tree behind her hard. "Ouch... Oh no...." Her voice shook slightly, fear and the thought of this is it for me filled her eyes as the massive bloodied bear charged straight towards her.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:22 pm

A bear isn't hard to track when it's got sheep blood all over it. Kryn picked up some blood mark on trees and plants. The blood had also dripped to the ground. The bear led a neat trail to a sheep carcass. Well, half of a sheep carcass. Kryn continued through the trees until he finally heard it.

Kryn jumped between two trees, from one to the other, up and up, until he reached a sturdy branch. From then, he jumped through the trees, following the sound. He heard it again. Another leap proved his ears to be telling the truth.

Landing with a roll, Kryn saw the bear running at something. His eyes widened as he saw the woman on the ground. Times seemed to slow down as Kryn drew his bow and one arrow. He channeled some electricity into the arrow when he fired. The arrow whistled through the air and hit the bear's paw, the one furthest from Kryn. Kryn reloaded and shot the other paw. He watch the bear lose it's footing, due to the numbing of his two front paws, and land on it's face. Kryn shot again, for it's head, but this one missed and sailed just above it.

"Two out of three is good enough for me." He placed the bow into his quiver and drew his sword. He channeled electricity through the sword and cut the bear's back, nicking at the spinal cord, numbing it.

He didn't feel right finishing the bear off in front of a lady, but he saw she had swords drawn, so he figured she was going to if she hadn't fallen. He decided to knock the bear unconscious instead.

His sword sparked and then burst with electricity. Lightning blade, is what he called it. The air started to smell of ozone and his hair slightly stood. He hit the bear on the head with his over-sized stun baton. What was left of the bear un-paralyzed suddenly went limp. Kryn's the chirping of his sword died down and the coat of electricity vanished with it.

Kryn sheathed his sword, turned to the woman, held out his hand and said, "Hello, miss."
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Her blue eyes widened, having watched this scene which had played before her, she looked at the bear and then up at him, her eyes widened even more, she didn't take his hand, but slowly stood up, keeping her sword in her hands.

She refused to give him eye contact and backed away from him, keeping her distance as she looked around area. "Your a Lightning user..." She muttered in a small and slightly timid voice.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Kryn, not knowing what was going on, took a step back. The woman seemed to be on guard, scared even. He didn't know why, but he guessed it had something to do with his lightning. He held his hands up to show he meant no harm, but he wasn't sure what more he could do. He began to try to explain, "Well, sort of. I'm half demon. The son of a storm demon. I won't hurt you, you have the advantage. I don't think I could draw my sword before you impale me, but please don't."

He wasn't lying. He couldn't draw his sword before she was already upon him, but he could turn tail and run, but he'd have to come back later for the bear. He was confident that his maneuverability within the trees was better than her's, but he didn't know nothing about her, so he couldn't count on it. Out of curiosity, he asked, "What's wrong with my lightning?"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 am

She looked up at him, then sat on the floor, the wind picked up and the cloak blew over to the side. what he said kept on going through her mind, "what's wrong with my lightning?" She sighed and looked up at him once more, this time stabbing her swords in the ground either side of her.

She knew he had just saved her, and her hostility towards him was unacceptable by all accounts, but it was the lightning that freaked her out, she knew she had a reason, although that reason most probably could be prevented.

She looked up towards the sky, then back at him, "Water doesn't get along with lightning..." she muttered in her small voice once again.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 pm

"Water doesn't get along with lightning." Kryn now understood. He bowed an said, "I'm sorry. If my presence upsets you, I will finish the bear now and leave." He then straightened his back and unsheathed his sword.

He still hesitated. He didn't know if she was fine with this or if he should wait until she leaves, if she chose to. He rested his sword on his shoulder, waiting for an action.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:00 am

She frowned and looked at him, her eyes showed curiosity, stood back up then fell to kneeling, panting, her hand darted to her right side and held it there tight. she tried to hide the pain she was in, but failed to do so, she lay on the floor, showing tones of pain, "Great time for it to hurt again seriously..." she pulled her top up slightly to see bandages and blood at her side, she unwrapped the bandage and gasped, a massive wound on her side and it was now infected. She tried to ignore the fact he was still there.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Kryn sort of stood there like an idiot for a second. Then his brain started to function. It found the correct equation for the situation: Wounded girl + infection = bad. He plunged the sword into the bear's neck, removed it, and flicked the blood off. He'd have to leave the pelt, but the bear was down, mission accomplished, but now he had a girl with an infected wounded here.

Kryn sighed and said, "You're alive, that's a good sign. Okay, miss, normally, I'd ask for compensation, but if you'll allow me, I'll carry you to the nearby village for free." Big fat lie. He'd have done it no charge anyway. "The funnier part is, I'm not taking no for an answer. Don't worry, I won't shock ya."

Kryn walked over to the woman, and sheathed his sword. Kryn turned around and crouched. "Get on my back," he said. He knew a few people who could treat a wound like this in the town over yonder.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

She looked at him, panting heavily, "Sorry but I don't think I can do that..." her face seemed feverish, "I can barely move, so how the hell am I supposed to climb onto your back..." She winched in pain, her hand went back to the wound.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:14 pm

"Can't move..." Kryn turned and crouched at the girl's left side. He Slid his right arm between her left arm and behind her back. He then scooped her legs up from under her knees. "I'll do that for you then."

He started off towards the town, careful not to move too fast, to avoid hurting the girl, and not moving to slow, for she was still, well, not in the best condition. Realizing he had nothing to call her, he asked, "May I ask your name?"
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 am

She looked at him as her face was slowly turning red with a really bad fever. "Reiki... Reiki Kirei-" she stopped thinking about it and shook her head, "No, just Reiki..." she closed her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder, her fever getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 pm

"Okay, okay, no more talking, just save your strength, Ms.Reiki." He knew that this was bad. He could feel her burning up, her head on his shoulder. "We're almost there, just stay awake please. My name is Kryn." He emerged from the woods. He recognized the trail of blood and the hill. "It's gonna get a bit bumpy, I'm going up a hill." As he walked, he noticed the man on the hill who had paid him to kill the bear. "Get grams! Now!" he yelled at the man. Grams was the most talented doctor in the town and the same old woman who'd put him up. The man hesitated, then he must've seen Reiki in Kryn's arms, for he sprinted down the other side of the hill. As he continued up the hill, Kryn then said to Reiki, "You're fine now. Just endure it a bit longer, please."
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 am

She winched slightly and buried her head closer to him, "This is bad..." She muttered her fever still rising as she started drifting in and out of consciousness, her vision was now blurred and she couldn't see much as she drifted into the darkness of the back of her eye lids.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. You might want to stay up," Kryn said as gently as he could, Nudging Reiki with his shoulder. "The old woman's methods kind of hurt, but they are really effective. It would be better for you to stay awake until she pours her special disinfectant on the wound. Just until then, please stay awake." As he spoke, he reached the top of the hill. He saw the old woman walking towards them carrying the case of her medicines and potions.

Kryn sighed, knowing his mission was accomplished and Reiki was safe now. Some of the other people around had already taking a table out of a house for Kryn to set Reiki on. Such nice people. He set her down on the table and said, "Just lie flat, when she pours the liquid on the wound, like I said before, it will hurt, but just try to keep your hand off the wound until she bandages it, but you might be unconscious." Kryn was speaking from experience. He was lucky his wound wasn't nearly as bad as this, and it wasn't yet infected. Just and average wound, though bad enough to need treatment.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 pm

She tried to focus on his words, her vision blurred even more, she was loosing the fight as her eyes seemed to dull as she looked at him, she choose him to look at because he was talking and that made it easier to focus on him. She laid as flat as she could and still as well, her hand was shaking.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 am

Kryn Stood by the table as the old lady set her case down, opened it and put on her glasses. She stood beside Kryn who pointed at the wound. The lady Pulled up Reiki's top and cut the old bandages off. Kryn looked away. The woman picked a green bottle from her case and uncorked it.

The old woman spoke. "Kryn," She said, "I need you to take her hands. She's probably not going want to stab her palms with her nails. Miss, this'll hurt quite a bit."

Kryn knew what she meant. He'd done that with his hands. He took Reiki's hands, pulling her arm to the head of the table, above her head. The old lady then poured the clear liquid onto the wound. Blood and clear liquid mixed and fell onto the table. it made a fizzing sound for it was bubbling; cleaning the wound; ridding it of any harmful substances. Pretty painful in Kryn's experience.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:40 am

She started screaming in pain, moving around a bit, the pain was great and she tightened her grip on his hands as she yelled out in pain.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Kryn just relaxed his hands when she squeezed. It seemed she was still conscious. "Tough girl..." Lucky for her, the worst of it was over.

"Help me, Boy." Kryn complied by pushing Reiki's body up into a sitting position and holding up her top as the old lady bandaged a clean piece of thick cloth onto her wound with expertise. He then fixed Reiki's shirt and patter her back lightly.

Kryn said, "Told you you were fine."

"Yes, you are, girl. Kryn, you can pay me later."

"What?"

"Ha ha ha! I don't work for free, Boy, you know that."

Kryn watched the old woman walk away with her case of doctor stuffs, stunned. "That old hag..." He simply said.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:40 pm

She looked over at the her and then looked down, panting slightly, her fever was still high and her vision was back.
She stood up slowly and leaned against the table, trying to hide the fact she was barely standing, "th-thanks... If you want me to pay her, I will... it was my fault afterall your in this mess...."
Her legs gave way from under her.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:03 am

Kryn zipped to Reiki's side. "Not on my watch, sister. I got you." He caught her before she could reach the ground. "I would suggest waiting a day or two before moving on. The old hag would probably put you up for a bit. She had me for four days now. I'll head on ahead and she'll most likely give you the room I was in." Once again, Kryn slid his arm through her underarm and swept her legs from the ground. "And don't worry about the payments, I have to repay her for letting me eat her food somehow, right?" He followed the old woman, who was far ahead of him, while carrying Reiki again.
Back to top Go down
Reiki

Reiki

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 am

She closed her eyes, leaning her head against his shoulder, her fever was still incredibly high and was rising a little still also. Her breathing was heavy and rapid.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Kryn carried Reiki into the old woman's house, then to the room he was staying in. He set her down and felt her forehead with his hand, holding his other hand to his head. "Grams!" He yelled through the house, in a calm voice, for he wasn't surprised, "She's got a fever too!"

"I know, Boy! I wouldn't miss something like that! I'm making her tea right now!"

Kryn stood and stretched his back, which was a bit sore. She wasn't too hard to carry, but it was still more than he was used to. He usually dragged his prey into town opposed to carrying them.

"Kryn, stop bothering the girl!"

"That is my cue to leave. You'll be better in no time." Kryn Started for his pile o' crap. There was a bag in the pile, half filled with stuff. He placed food and water and some clothes in the bag, leaving a neatly stacked pile of other dried meats, water, and other foods. He stood and started to leave the room. He stopped and said, "If you ever see me again, don't try to pay me back."

He exited the room and ran into the old woman. "Grams, you can have anything I've left behind, it's just a bunch of food and water though. Thank you for letting me stay here."

"No problem, now get outta my house."

Kryn watched her enter the room in silence then said, "That old hag..."

"I heard that!" She said as she fed Reiki the tea.

"Good!" Kryn exited the building with a smile on his face. He set off down the road heading to off to continue his search for his sister.

[~EXIT THREAD~]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two]   Kryn's Hunts! Episode 1: The Bear [Open to two] Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1